Fun things to do in Springfield, MA
The Pioneer Valley is filled with a wide variety of fun and educational options for families. If you’re planning to head to the Springfield area, you’ll have no trouble finding several things that’ll interest each member of your family. To help you narrow it down, we’re featuring five enjoyable and popular options that are suitable for people of all ages and interest levels.
5 Great Things to Do During Your Springfield Vacation
1. Six Flags New England – Most families have a blast when they visit an amusement park together, and Six Flags New England is known as the thrill capital of the area. Six Flags New England has over 100 rides, shows, attractions and New England’s largest water park, Hurricane Harbor. New in 2015, is the intense Wicked Cyclone hybrid coaster! This innovative attraction will be the 11th coaster to join the Coaster Capital of New England with the classic thrills of a wooden coaster and the speed of steel track.
2. NASH Dinosaur Track Quarry – Do you have a child who is fascinated by dinosaurs? If so, you should definitely add the NASH Dinosaur Track Quarry to your itinerary. You’ll be able to walk through the quarry to see where dinosaur tracks have been located and excavated, and you’ll also have the opportunity to purchase dinosaur tracks, minerals, and fossils from the nearby rock shop.
3. Zoar Outdoor – If your family loves the spirit of adventure, you’re certain to be invigorated by a trip to New England area’s most impressive outdoor adventure resort. Depending on the age of your children and everyone’s skill level, you can take a half-day family raft trip or spend up to a week learning how to tackle whitewater rapids. Other options include rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, biking, and zip-line canopy tours.
4. Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art – Children who love books such as “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” will be very excited by a trip to this unique museum. This is also a fantastic way to instill a love of art at a young age, and it’ll enable adults to take a nostalgic trip down memory lane. As an added bonus, children can participate in a hands-on art studio to create their own masterpiece.
5. Lupa Zoo – This nonprofit zoo gives children the opportunity to see domestic and wild animals up close, including bears, monkeys, sheep, and goats. Unlike many other zoos, the size of this location is not overwhelming, and this makes it the perfect place for an educational and recreational outing.
There are many more intriguing locations within the Pioneer Valley for each member of the family. To find even more fun things to see and do in the greater Springfield area, visit our homepage or contact us today!